Battery Recycling Quarterly Outlook
Our Battery Recycling Quarterly Outlook provides a long-term outlook for global scrap materials available for battery recycling by region, battery chemistry and feedstock covering end-of-life EVs, battery manufacturing scrap and end-of-life energy stationary storage. In addition, the outlook also offers an analysis of the battery recycling supply market, providing insights into battery recyclers' strategies and operational and planned plants for the period 2022 to 2030.Request demo
PDF & Excel
Interested in a sample report?
Register your interest and we’ll contact you shortly to provide sample materials and arrange a demo.
Our forecast provides long-term outlooks for the following:
- GWh of BEV and PHEV scrap materials available for battery recycling by feedstock, battery chemistry and region to 2040
- Tonnes of black mass available for battery recycling by feedstock, battery chemistry and region to 2040
- Battery recycling production capacity in tonnes by company and plant location to 2030
- Battery recycling technologies
- Battery recycling OEM profiles
- Battery recycling legislation
The battery recycling market is gaining traction as EV value chains evolve toward long-term sustainability goals amid future raw material shortages and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) concerns.
The outlook provides an in-depth analysis of the current and future Battery Recycling market in aspects of the market dynamics, technologies, and key drivers. The report can be used as a tool to understand how the market grows at global, regional, and country levels on the back of EV demand, legislation, and recycling company strategies.
PDF and supporting Excel workbook
Annual subscription: GBP10,000
Our forecasts are based on robust and informed methodologies looking at battery recycling inputs, consisting of EoL EVs, EoL ESS and battery production scrap, at global and regional levels and also by battery chemistry. We track the following variables that impact the forecast:
- Our BEV & PHEV forecast by region and chemistry from our EV & Battery Quarterly Outlook
- Our ESS forecast from our BESS Quarterly Outlook
- Battery Gigafactories and our total Battery Demand Service that covers all GWh demand by region and chemistry
- EV recycling capacity by region
- Expectations of scrap batteries into re-use vs new batteries
- Legislation will be the main driving factor. It will vary significantly by region, and we expect more announcements as the market develops
Rho Motion has developed a database of battery recycling plants worldwide, which is updated on an ongoing basis. We track key metrics of each project including recycling plant location, annual capacity, recycling input and final product.